York Races 2019
Posted on 2nd April 2019 at 07:10
It’s nearly that time of year again … racing season will soon be upon us at the Knavesmire, York.
The iconic racecourse is the perfect place to relax with friends, put on a posh frock or suit and enjoy a chilled tipple or two.
The historic city’s racing season begins with the Dante Festival from Wednesday 15th May. This popular event in includes the Tattersalls Musidora Stakes on Wednesday, followed by Al Basti Equiworld Dante Stakes on Thursday 16th May, culminating in the Yorkshire Cup on Friday 17th May.
As ithis is the first race event ‘outing’ at York, there’s bound to be a great atmosphere and fresh grass for the horses to stretch their legs and cover the furlongs while racing fans enjoy the experience.
However, the Dante Festival is the first of many ‘meets’ of the racing season. Other dates include:
• Saturday 25th May – Bronte Cup
• Friday 14th June – Mid Summer Raceday
• Saturday 15th June – Macmillan Charity Raceday
• Saturday 29th June – Summer Saturday with Live Music
• Friday 12th July – John Smith’s Cup Meeting - Summer Stakes
• Saturday 13th July – 60th John Smith’s Cup
• Friday 26th July – (evening) EBF Lyric Stakes and Live Music from Tears for Fears
• Saturday 27th July – Sky Bet York Stake and Live Music from James Arthur
And there's more ...
The late summer calendar looks like the:
• Wednesday 21st to Saturday 24th August – Welcome to Yorkshire Ebor Festival, including: Juddmonte International (21st); Darley Yorkshire Oaks and Ladies Day (22nd); Coolmore Nunthorpe (23rd) and Sky Bet Ebor (24th)
• Sunday 8th September – The Press Family Race Day
• Friday 11th October – Countryside Raceday
• Saturday 12th October – Coral Sprint Trophy
As you probably know, the Knavesmire is not the easiest place to get to by public transport, particularly if you happen to be wearing high heels and wearing your best togs. Find out more: https://www.yorkracecourse.co.uk/home.html
So if you’re going with friends or family, why not book a taxi to and from the venue and arrive in style and looking your best? And we can also pick up and get you home safe and sound once you’ve had that last canapé or drink of fizz. Click here for our taxi information.
Tagged as: York Races 2019
Share this post: